In addition to being shown in select theatres across North America this Thanksgiving weekend, the teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will also be premiering on iTunes Friday.
— Star Wars (@starwars) November 26, 2014
J. J. Abrams tweeted the following message on Tuesday, November 24:
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) November 24, 2014
Filming for the movie ended November 3. The trailer is premiering online 25 days after the end of principal photography.
Sporting a very Jedi-Master-looking beard and holding dear Lava Bear in his arms, Mark Hamill Instagrams a photo of himself outside the set of Episode VII:
TMZ has posted images from the set of Star Wars: Episode VII
Abu Dhabi is standing in for the planet Tatooine this time around and these photos feature lots of interesting buildings, costumes, props… and a giant four-legged creature that takes five men inside of it to move.
J. J. Abrams has a message from the set of Episode VII:
Disney and Lucasfilm have created “Star Wars: Force For Change”, a fundraising initiative dedicated to UNICEF’s innovation labs. Among many of the projects supported are:
- Portable, solar-powered learning kits being built in China, Uganda, and Burundi to ensure underprivileged children in these countries have access to relevant, high-quality educational materials.
- Mobile phone application developed in South Sudan and Uganda, and used in the Philippines, that helps reunite children with their families after an emergency.
- A text messaging solution in Zambia that helps families receive infant medical test results from clinics, in half the time, through mobile phones.
A donation of as little as $10 enters a donor into a draw for a chance to be in a scene in Episode VII. The full grand prize includes:
- Airfare and accommodations to London for one winner and a guest
- Behind-the-scenes access on the closed set of Star Wars: Episode VII as VIP guests of J.J. Abrams
- Winner will have the opportunity to meet members of the cast
- Winner and their guest will then be transformed by makeup and costume teams into a Star Wars character and filmed for a scene in Star Wars: Episode VII
The internet’s abuzz with the rumor that the latest Star Wars movie already has a title! Harry Knowles from Ain’t It Cool News reports the title is ‘The Ancient Fear’:
I ran it by everyone in the editorial chatroom. Beaks, Merrick, Quint, Capone… everyone… and they rattled their sources cages – and couldn’t get confirmation… BUT tonight… a source that I’m told to call Col. Mustard claimed completely on his own that “the working title” was THE ANCIENT FEAR….
He also stated that “it refers to Max Von Sydow’s villain who makes Pazuzu look like a pussy!”
With no official confirmation, this title is just a rumor, but as a pulp-style title, ‘The Ancient Fear’ fits right in with titles such as ‘The Phantom Menace’, ‘Attack of the Clones’, and ‘The Empire Strikes Back’.
It’s going to be a while before any official artwork for Star Wars Episode VII surfaces, but in the meantime, we can enjoy this great piece of fan art (courtesy of graphic house Old Red Jalopy and MTV):
On the occasion of May the 4th, Episode VII director J.J. Abrams and co-screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan released a brief greetings to all Star Wars fans. Abrams and Kasdan are currently in London working on Episode VII.