J. J. Abrams has a message from the set of Episode VII:
Disney and Lucasfilm have created “Star Wars: Force For Change”, a fundraising initiative dedicated to UNICEF’s innovation labs. Among many of the projects supported are:
- Portable, solar-powered learning kits being built in China, Uganda, and Burundi to ensure underprivileged children in these countries have access to relevant, high-quality educational materials.
- Mobile phone application developed in South Sudan and Uganda, and used in the Philippines, that helps reunite children with their families after an emergency.
- A text messaging solution in Zambia that helps families receive infant medical test results from clinics, in half the time, through mobile phones.
A donation of as little as $10 enters a donor into a draw for a chance to be in a scene in Episode VII. The full grand prize includes:
- Airfare and accommodations to London for one winner and a guest
- Behind-the-scenes access on the closed set of Star Wars: Episode VII as VIP guests of J.J. Abrams
- Winner will have the opportunity to meet members of the cast
- Winner and their guest will then be transformed by makeup and costume teams into a Star Wars character and filmed for a scene in Star Wars: Episode VII