Sporting a very Jedi-Master-looking beard and holding dear Lava Bear in his arms, Mark Hamill Instagrams a photo of himself outside the set of Episode VII:
Last night’s “Conan” monologue included a clip that collects “fan reactions” to the leaked pictures of the Millennium Falcon under construction:
Hollywood gossip site TMZ has released more photos, this time from “inside an uber-secret location in the UK”. The photos show the Millenium Falcon in the early stages of construction. There are also pictures of the nose section of an X-Wing being built.
For the full article, click to visit TMZ!
TMZ has posted images from the set of Star Wars: Episode VII
Abu Dhabi is standing in for the planet Tatooine this time around and these photos feature lots of interesting buildings, costumes, props… and a giant four-legged creature that takes five men inside of it to move.
J. J. Abrams has a message from the set of Episode VII:
Disney and Lucasfilm have created “Star Wars: Force For Change”, a fundraising initiative dedicated to UNICEF’s innovation labs. Among many of the projects supported are:
- Portable, solar-powered learning kits being built in China, Uganda, and Burundi to ensure underprivileged children in these countries have access to relevant, high-quality educational materials.
- Mobile phone application developed in South Sudan and Uganda, and used in the Philippines, that helps reunite children with their families after an emergency.
- A text messaging solution in Zambia that helps families receive infant medical test results from clinics, in half the time, through mobile phones.
A donation of as little as $10 enters a donor into a draw for a chance to be in a scene in Episode VII. The full grand prize includes:
- Airfare and accommodations to London for one winner and a guest
- Behind-the-scenes access on the closed set of Star Wars: Episode VII as VIP guests of J.J. Abrams
- Winner will have the opportunity to meet members of the cast
- Winner and their guest will then be transformed by makeup and costume teams into a Star Wars character and filmed for a scene in Star Wars: Episode VII
Last year, Interview Magazine posted a 1977 interview with Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford on their website. The trio had a friendly chat with Geraldine Smith and Susan Pile, with topics ranging from marriage to Sir Laurence Olivier and, of course, Star Wars:
PILE: Okay, quote, “Harrison Ford plays Han Solo, the overly confident captain of the Millennium Falcon, a Corellian pirate starship. Accompanied by his Wookie companion, Chewbacca, he plies his mercenary trade outside the restrictive laws of the Empire. At times his insanely reckless manner pushes him into situations from which only his foolhardy courage can save him.”
FORD: Yeah, but, you know, I didn’t exactly play it like that.
PILE: How did you play it? Not as “overly confident”—right?
FORD: Right. That’s the difference between being able to describe it and playing it. That’s exactly the difference. It can be described as “overly confident,” but I didn’t know that at the time. I was just responding to it.
PILE: How were you directed to play Hans Solo?
FORD: I was directed to play it “faster and more intense.”
Click here for the full interview.
The internet’s abuzz with the rumor that the latest Star Wars movie already has a title! Harry Knowles from Ain’t It Cool News reports the title is ‘The Ancient Fear’:
I ran it by everyone in the editorial chatroom. Beaks, Merrick, Quint, Capone… everyone… and they rattled their sources cages – and couldn’t get confirmation… BUT tonight… a source that I’m told to call Col. Mustard claimed completely on his own that “the working title” was THE ANCIENT FEAR….
He also stated that “it refers to Max Von Sydow’s villain who makes Pazuzu look like a pussy!”
With no official confirmation, this title is just a rumor, but as a pulp-style title, ‘The Ancient Fear’ fits right in with titles such as ‘The Phantom Menace’, ‘Attack of the Clones’, and ‘The Empire Strikes Back’.